- Diabetes is when the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar)
- There are 2 types of diabetes, Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.
Type 1 diabetes
- This occurs when the person’s body does not produce any insulin
- 10% of diabetes are Type 1
Type 2 diabetes
- This occurs when the person’s body does not produce enough insulin or the person’s body doesn’t react with insulin
- 90% of diabetes are Type 2
- Hypertension in other words is high blood pressure
- Blood pressure is the force of blood pushing up against the blood vessel walls.
- The higher the pressure the harder the heart has to pump.
- Heart problem is just a general term.
- Heart attack, artery disease and more are considered
- Anything is heart problem as long as the heart is involved.
Why Diabetes/ Hypertension/ Heart problem matters?
- Hypertension can lead to damaged organs, sickness and many more symptoms.
- Diabetes cause slight pain, and as the years pass it gets worst and it gets harder to cure
- Heart disease obvious is you having a problem with your heart. Therefore if your heart is in danger, you are in risk of death
Risk of Diabetes/ Hypertension/ Heart problem
- tobacco use
- the harmful use of alcohol
- raised blood pressure (or hypertension)
- physical inactivity
- raised cholesterol
- unhealthy diet
- raised blood glucose
Symptoms of Diabetes/ Hypertension/Heart problem.
– Urinating often
– Feeling very thirsty
– Feeling very hungry – even though you are eating …
– Chest pain
– Difficulties in breathing
– Blood in urine
– Discomfort, pressure, heaviness, or pain in the chest, arm, or below the breastbone.
– Discomfort radiating to the back, jaw
Prevention & Treatment
- Eat healthy, lose weight, and lower your blood sugar
- Hypertension may be diagnosed by a health professional who measures blood pressure with a device called a sphygmomanometer. If the pressure is greater than 140/90, you will be considered to have hypertension.
- Exercise and don’t smoke